Get a book.
_ First, check to see if your book is in our library. If we don't have it, just ask a librarian to order it for you. Jump to our SCS collection of audio books here. Remember that you can access everything through the SCS library app for your phone. Also check out our read a-like bookmarks at the circulation desk.
Get book recommendations
What Should You Read Next? Enter a book you like and this site will analyse their database of real readers' favorite books (more than 75,000 different titles so far, and more than a million reader recommendations) to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
Literature Map: Another cool site--this one will find similar authors to ones you like, but present them in a visual way.
Find an Award Winner
Books for boys
A Book-and-a-Hug: Find a book at a particular reading level or genre.
Watch a book trailer made by SCS students.
Read 100's of magazines online
Free eBooks. Go now.
How to use eBooks at the SCS library
1. Log in to your SCS library account. If you forgot how to do this, or would like to change your password, here’s instructions.
2. Go to the catalog. At the top three tabs, click “catalog.” Then, in the left-hand column, click the last item, “Follett Shelf.”
3. Search for a book. In this screen, you can search for a book in a variety of ways. Try using the search window, the options on the left, or just scroll through to see what’s there. Note that you have a “bookbag” icon and a “notebook” icon at the top.
4. Is it available? Notice whether a book is “in” or “out” based on the pink or green tag.
5. Browse a book. Hover over any title to see more information. Click “open book” to browse what’s inside. Familiarize yourself with various features on this screen. Try using the tools on the left-hand side to search within the book (for instance, if you were researching a character or topic) go to the table of contents, highlight text, write personal notes to yourself (no one else will see them) or place a bookmark. Note that you have a “bookbag” icon in the top right corner.
6. Check out a book. If you have the book open, you can just click on your “bookbag” to either close the book or check it out. It’s very important to close a book when you’ve fnished looking at it because no one else can access an “open” book.
On the main search screen, when book is closed, you can check it out by clicking the “i” below the book cover.
Try an eBook at our Google Books page. We have...
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
You can highlight text, take notes, search, and translate text.
Free Ebooks and Audio books